- Create a simple shooter! For those without a lot of programming experience you can try this tutorial with Construct. Also, a simple game concept might be a good time to try working with writing your own code!For the board gamers, can you translate FPS onto tabletop?
- Start up a pixel library! If you can’t think of what to pixelate make a zombie, a tree, a scary alien, a cute alien, and a background scene.
- Start up a blog to track your growth and maybe give some commentary on things going on in the industry
- Check out the book The Ultimate Guide to Video Game Writing and Design (the phx library has a copy! )
- Pick up a game from your backlog, or one of your favorites try to come up with a list of 5 things you really enjoyed about the game and 5 things that you wish could have worked a little differently (could post this to your blog :O)